Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers
We know the journey to being a great teacher doesn’t end after your 200 hour teacher training. We at Samudra are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, growth, and for honing your teacher voice. The below offerings all qualify for CEUS through yoga alliance and are designed to help you explore, expand, and enrich your journey on the teaching path.
Teaching Transformational Classes – A Weekend Intensive – Saturday June 1st, 11-4, Sunday June 2nd 10-3
- Cuing – how to use your own language and experience, and when to use more vs. less language, to get your students into and out of poses. Use language authentic to you and from your own experience to offer your students a one of a kind class experience
- Theming – What leaves a lasting impression on students goes much beyond how good a workout you gave them. Explore and practice ways to weave a theme into your class in a powerful and yet subtle way.
- States of Relaxation – We’ll explore how to start and end your class in a mindful way that will have your students floating out and ready to schedule their next class.
Many of us start off a yoga practice with a focus on the physical movement. We may have read of its benefits or been told how good yoga is for strength and flexibility and can compliment any exercise routine. Often it takes years before we understand or fully appreciate that the milleniums old practice is a complete lifestyle and not just an exercise for the body.
The Fluid Mind+Spirit weekend intensive is an ideal opportunity for those that have had a steady practice and want to understand more about the spiritual nature of Yoga. It will include a foundational understanding of mind training and the science of meditation. Our exploration will include the study of the Six Perfections (paramitas) as a gateway to living an exemplary life filled with generosity, patience, diligence, morality, meditation and wisdom. We’ll also learn more about the Buddha and his own journey and discoveries.
This weekend retreat requires no pre-requisites or level of yoga practice.
Starting with an overview of the foundational Tibetan Buddhist teachings on the mind, this program explores
- Four preliminary techniques designed to elicit deep reflection
- The science of meditation
- Specific meditation practices, including shamatha, maitri (loving-kindness), and tonglen
- Ways to establish a regular meditation practice at home
- Yoga nidra (the yoga of relaxation)
- Tools for applying yoga philosophy to everyday life.
If you’d like to join us from out of town we can help you find local accomodation in the beautiful Southern Maine area.
Reservation deposit of $240
60 CEU Credits can be applied to Fluid Yoga Teacher Training.
Class meets 9-6, Thursday-Sunday.
Fluid Mind and Spirit is a part of the Fluid Yoga® 200-hour Teacher Training. This module can be taken on its own for enrichment purposes and is open to yoga teachers and non-yoga teachers alike, or in conjunction with the remaining teacher training weekends and Fluid Body Alignment Training.
Kevan Gale, E-RYT 500, believes that liberating happiness can be found when we open ourselves to mind training, the dharma, and a life built on gratitude and love. Kevan’s dynamic classes are a study in meditative movements and philosophies of the Tibetan Yogis. He is co-owner of Stil Studio in greater Boston, creator of Fluid Yoga an avid cyclist, photographer, and father.